You Need an Agent Who
Raleigh Is Back To School Its A Good Time For Real Estate
Worried you missed the spring market and now stuck until spring? The idea of a spring market has merits but with a growing area like Raleigh, any time is a good time to buy or sell a home. Over sixty people move in or out of Wake County everyday and the area is expected to double in population over the next ten years.http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article140293563.html Here are some other reasons the Fall market is a real thing.
1. WEATHER We have moderate seasons so viewing houses is not encumbered by inclement weather. Curb appeal is important so make sure the leaves stay raked and look for outdoor cobwebs that seem to spin overnight.
2. COMPETITION The Spring market was dominated by sellers. We saw lots of multiple offer situations and competition. One open house this spring was so crowded, I lost my buyers in the crowd and had to call them from the yard! There are a lot of buyers who did not win a house or simply became overwhelmed by the process. They still need a home and likely used the time saving a larger down payment and researching market availability.
3. VACATION IS OVER! It is simply too hard to synch up schedules between summer camps, family beach time, or backyard barbecues to add home search to the todo list. Buyers and sellers return to the market with more focus. Plus who can keep a home "showing ready" when the kids are in it all day long?
4. TAX BENEFITS. Mortgage interest and property taxes are deductible from gross income. People begin to think of tax implications in the fall and may be looking to buy in order to claim the deductions.
5. HOLIDAY PRESSURE. No one wants to move on Thanksgiving. Buyers and sellers may be more likely to make a deal so they can be in a new home for the holidays.
6. MUMS & GOURDS -who doesn't love them?
Melanie Jones is a real estate broker in Raleigh and the greater Triangle area who is known for her tenacity and passion. The key to her success hinges on one thing: people. Melanie starts every trans....
Latest Blog Posts
As a real estate agent, I subscribe to many newsletters and trade publications so I can analyze industry trends and compare them to our local market. As you have read many times before, The Triangle