You Need an Agent Who
Tactics For Raw Land Sells
Selling land is a lot different than selling ahouse and the experience will be a lot less stressful if you understand thedifference.
Unlike a homebuyer who may be looking for amove-in-ready house, Land buyers are looking for the right location and an opportunitythat lets them customize the property. Patience is key. The market for land is less active, but weare fortunate enough to be in a growing market. For property that is priced right, the right buyer will come.
So, how can I help you sell your land?
· I can evaluate who your likely buyers will be (developer, investor, etc.)and create a marketing and listing plan based on the right audience
· I can perform a property assessment that can be provided to a prospectivebuyer that includes everything from accessibility of water and sewer to demandfor land in the market
· I can identify schoolrankings, shopping and other nearby amenities and all future development plansin the area
· I can provide zoninginformation and insight from the local planning commission about the location.
· I can help you conducta survey to identify setbacks and easement. Useful information to help buyers see the potential in the property
· I can help youcustomize your offering. Customization is key!
· Through research anddemand, I can help you come up with afair market value price
When coming up with a price, there is a lotmore you need to consider than you would with a house. It’s not only theinitial cost for the land but development cost to improve the land. Things like is the water access from thecity, community well or individual well? Is it city sewer, community sewer or septic system and storm watersystems? Are utilities above or belowground? Are the roads DOT compliant? Arethey city streets or privately maintained? Are curbs or sidewalks required? All of these cost factors are takeninto consideration by a potential buyer.
Other things you should know:
· Lending options for vacantlots and land is difficulty. Typically, 35%down is required from a buyer with an excellent credit rating. Your pool ofpotential buyers should be large and credit worthy. Being able to offer sometype of owner carry or financing is sometimes desirable. I can provide insight to options.
· Tell a story about theland and be willing to walk the land! Show them the property lines, tell themhow it’s been in the family for 50 years. Does it have beautiful wildflowers in thespring? Tell them about the advantages of having a great fishing pond on theedge of the property. Stories sell!
· Showcase the land inthe best way possible. Mow the grass, remove trash and take pictures when itlooks its best.
Whether you’re juststarting the process of selling your lot or land or you need to re-energizeyour efforts, I can help!I hope to hearfrom you
Anyone who knows me will tell you I have never met a stranger. I enjoy getting to know people and helping them however I can. That’s what prompted me to change career paths and become a Licensed R....
Latest Blog Posts
As a real estate agent, I subscribe to many newsletters and trade publications so I can analyze industry trends and compare them to our local market. As you have read many times before, The Triangle